Nine e-Commerce Trends for 2022
How can you merge digital and direct sales on the B2B market?
Identify key moments where cart abandonment may occur and where high-value deals increase. This will allow you to automate marketing and sales processes. Only specific events should initiate contact with a sales rep, who will further manage the sale.
What are the benefits of blockchain technology for e-commerce?
- It allows for identity verification by multiple trusted parties.
- It offers the highest level of security for customer databases and CRM systems by storing data in an encrypted format using a hashing algorithm.
- It enables sellers to reduce operating costs by bundling payment processing, inventory management, product descriptions, and other services. This makes the purchase and maintenance of separate systems superfluous.
- Blockchain transactions do not go through traditional banks, making the flow of funds almost instantaneous.
- This technology also allows storing ‘smart contracts’, which enable companies to automate tasks like payments.
How do you implement a Total Experience strategy?
Establish an interdisciplinary team composed of people responsible for managing experiences in various areas, such as Customer Experience, Employee Experience, or Digital Experience. As the first step. look at the organization as a whole; then you can create processes that will solve the common problems of various stakeholders.
"Digital commerce platforms are experiencing ongoing modularization in a cloud-native, multiexperience world. Application leaders responsible for digital commerce should prepare for a ‘composable’ approach using packaged business capabilities to move toward future-proof digital commerce experiences."
How does technology support business in the implementation of sustainable development?
- Artificial Intelligence - AI technologies, in particular machine learning, can help sellers improve the accuracy of forecasting product demand and better monitor when replenishment is needed, preventing wasted resources.
- Internet of Things - IoT integrates smart sensors with database management platforms to monitor (as an example) food waste. In the case of machines, it indicates the need for maintenance and enables remote diagnostics.
- Predictive analytics - Predicting trends and consumer behavior changes based on historical data requires the implementation of a system that integrates and analyzes all recorded information. This type of implementation allows for the accurate allocation of company resources and investments.