My ING: cross-sell component for online banking system
ING Bank Śląski
At the end of the last year, ING Bank Śląski made a new internet banking website, My ING, available for its individual customers. e-point SA is the creator of one of its parts.
The basic assumption of ING Bank’s new electronic banking system was to respond to the customers’ needs. My ING system allows for reaching its users at the right time and with a well-suited message.
This concerns the offer, notification messages, as well as service messages, indispensable in banking services. Thus, both the system itself and the messages sent required modifications. It was necessary to introduce coherence into the contents addressed to users in all channels of communication:
- The website
- Transaction systems
- Mobile applications
- Call center
- Text messages and e-mails
- All other forms of contact (e.g. statements sent by mail)
e-point CMS supports Responsive Web Design, which is an approach to web design in which all pages are automatically adjusted to the size of the device screen and to the web browser used.
e-point’s proprietary CMS solution enables effective and comfortable content management and editing. The website’s pages are compiled with ready-to-use components that resemble building blocks. An extensive authorization system, in turn, makes it possible for numerous editors to work on different parts of the website, or to order the selected tasks from outside agencies.Read More
Content management system
The key functions of the content management system developed by e-point include:
- Organization of work in omnichannel communication. We develop a central source of advertising and operational content for all sorts of communication with customers. As a result, the bank “speaks to the customer with one voice” and employs a coherent set of messages devised by a single team of specialists. Additionally, the system supports the process of collecting requirements for campaigns, acceptance, work planning and supervision of content.
- Unification of omnichannel content. The system allows for developing, editing and versioning contents for all channels of communication. It validates messages in terms of format and security (it adopts a different approach for developing a text message template, the content of an e-mail and the graphic design of the splash screen in the electronic banking system).
- Assessment of the effectiveness of operations. The system makes it possible to study the results achieved thanks to particular messages and to see which produced the best effect and helped accomplish the assumed business objectives of a given campaign.
"It is worth highlighting that Moje ING system was developed in the Responsive Web Design technology - Therefore, we can be sure that every message will be displayed on the computer, smartphone or tablet screen in the correct way. We also have the possibility of personalizing messages for specific devices." - says Łukasz Baran, Innovations Designer and project manager at e-point.
Scrum only for trustworthy partners
One especially interesting aspect of implementing the project was developing it in parallel with the systems it was to be integrated with later on. Business and technical requirements – as it is in case of any project on such a scale – were subject to frequent changes, and the deadlines for subsequent stages were demanding. Taking into account this situation, ING Bank Śląski decided to work using Agile methodology – Scrum. As a result, we were able to add new functions and integrate them with simultaneously developed other systems in two-week sprints.
The requirements were provided incrementally, and the system itself evolved as it was being created, taking into account the changing infrastructure. It would have been unrealistic to work using a less agile methodology than SCRUM, Łukasz Baran says.
The choice of such a methodology was for us an additional confirmation of the trust our customer placed in us.
Last but not least - UX of the “Offer” section
It is worth stressing that in our work with the project for ING Bank we were joined by the e-point Concept team, who designed the "Offer” section in terms of UX (User Experience).
Our tasks included designing the menu, distribution websites for product categories and subpages with product descriptions. A particular challenge was to adjust products to the reality of the user, as well as to provide the user with legible, concise and specific information. e-point UX Designers employed a "content first” approach in order to identify all the nuances concerning the products, their market specificity as well as how and when they are used by the customers of the bank.
- We are very pleased with the results - the content has been analyzed by the bank and turned out to be really legible. Next, we devised GUI (graphical user interface) for particular pages, adjusted to the esthetics of the new transaction system, says Michał Waszkiewicz, Strategist from e-point.
"As a result, a set of webpages was created which according to us is a benchmark for communicating bank offer".