A B2B customer needs a lot of information
A B2B customer today requires extensive information on the assortment of products on offer - preferably in one location. Iglotex must provide a complete and professional service offered through multiple channels. This simplifies the ordering process: the customer's shopping basket expands due to the quality, clear presentation of the offer, and reduces the time the buyer needs to get acquainted with the request and available specials. Subsequently, purchases are also adjusted less frequently.
The PIM will be used by sales professionals to educate themselves and customize the offer more swiftly. For example, if a representative speaks with a customer interested in Italian food products, he will be able to filter the product assortment quickly.
How did the PIM system's implementation go?
The project's implementation was separated into four stages:
Needs assessment and tool selection
In the initial stage, we defined Iglotex's business and technological requirements. To that purpose, we held six workshops with the client's team to learn:
- What product information the company has.
- Where it’s stored.
- How it is communicated.
- What the main demands linked to product information management are.
With this information, we developed the project scope, including precise goals and demands to be satisfied by the system, and selected the tool - PIMcore.
Pimcore is an open-source platform for managing product information, user experience, digital assets, and e-commerce that is both strong and highly scalable. Users can moderate intake across numerous channels, such as sales systems, mobile applications, websites, catalogs, etc.
The purpose of this stage was to build a functional system. As a result:
- Implementing the PIM module by PIMCore.
- We integrated the system with Nielsen Brandbank and ERP.
- We set the system in terms of the data model, users, and so on.
- We implemented attributes, maintained permissions, and data objects, introduced new product features, and supplemented data where it was missing.
- When the system was finished and passed internal tests, we held a four-hour training session for end users and system administrators.
At this point, we have a functioning system in the production environment. Data from ERP and Brandbank are automatically and cyclically linked to ensure that all sales channels are constantly up to current.
We guaranteed the client a monthly HSP (Hot Stability Period) after the completion of development and implementation, aiming at post-implementation assistance and system stability in production situations.