5 implementation examples for market leaders
5 Top Trends in Custom Software Development for Ultimate Digital Experience
26 Apr 2023 / 5min
Companies want to enable their customers to make purchases and fulfill orders in a more independent and automated way. Thanks to this, customers can quickly and conveniently make transactions, check product availability, view their order history, and download invoices without involving company employees.
One of the most critical trends in the development of B2B commerce is the personalization and adaptation of the offer to the individual needs of customers. Companies offering B2B commerce solutions increasingly use algorithms and Artificial Intelligence to analyze data. Thanks to this, they can better match offers to customers' needs. In addition, e-commerce platforms now allow easy integration with CRM and ERP systems, which enables even better order and data management.
4. Composable Architecture: Support Your Unique Business Model
Composable architecture is an architectural pattern. IT companies use it in software development to create flexible and maintainable applications. It emphasizes modularity, composability, and the separation of concerns by breaking down applications into smaller, reusable components. This approach allows developers to focus on building specific features. Thanks to that, they don't have to worry about how the features fit into the more extensive system.
Composable architecture is particularly useful in custom software development. By breaking the application into smaller, reusable components, developers can more easily modify the software as needs change. It also allows for the quicker development and delivery of new features. This is critical in today's fast-paced business environment.
Implementing composable architecture can bring several benefits to companies. These include:
- Flexibility. Composable architecture modules can readily be combined and scaled. This makes it easy to adapt the application to changing business needs.
- Easier maintenance and development. Thanks to the modules’ independence, composable architecture applications are easier to maintain and develop. This reduces costs and increases efficiency.
- High Performance. Composable architecture allows you to create high-performance applications because the modules are designed to work as efficiently as possible.
- Scalability. This pattern facilitates easy application scaling, which allows software to be adapted to business needs.
- Better user experience. With their flexibility and high performance, composable architecture applications provide a better user experience. This increases customer loyalty and attracts new users.
5. Microservices: Increasing Service Infallibility
Microservices are a software development approach that involves breaking down a large system into various independent services. These services communicate with each other via application programming interfaces (APIs). This approach allows each microservice to be developed, tested, and scaled independently of the rest of the system. It increases the application's flexibility and enables it to adapt to changing business requirements.
The benefits of microservices include:
- Faster and more flexible implementation of new features, without modifying the entire system.
- Scalability - adding new microservices or increasing their number to handle more users or transactions.
- Easier and more efficient identification and resolution of application issues.
- The ability to use different technologies and tools to create individual microservices, which increases their independence from each other.
- Greater system resilience to failures and errors; failures of one microservice do not affect the operation of other system elements.
In 2008, a single error in Netflix's monolithic application caused a massive data loss and led to several days of downtime. At that point, Netflix's architects moved the entire application to microservices. Dividing the application into over 700 microservices – each responsible for one functionality – allowed engineers to change any part of the system with confidence that the application would never completely fail.
In summary, using microservices allows companies to increase the flexibility and speed of their applications, which can translate into greater competitiveness in the market.
Looking for a Custom Software Provider? Choose Quality and Experience
Custom software development can be an effective way to meet your business's unique needs, but it's essential to select a provider with experience and expertise.
When considering architecture quality, look for a provider who follows best practices in software architecture design. For example, the provider should use frameworks that provide a structured approach to software design and development. These include the C4 Model, Architecture Decision Records (ADR), and Domain-Driven Design (DDD). These frameworks can help create software that is scalable and maintainable.
Additionally, it's essential to choose a provider who values development quality, focusing on clear code and following the GitFlow methodology. Quality assurance is also crucial, so ensure that the provider has a rigorous testing process to identify and address any bugs or issues. In cybersecurity, look for a provider who follows OWASP guidelines, conducts regular security audits, has an Information Security Policy in place, and performs penetration tests to identify vulnerabilities.
By considering these factors, you can confidently select a custom software provider. You’ll know they have the necessary skills and experience to deliver software solutions that meet your business needs.